Bets can be fun, but they can also be very expensive. Betting on sports is one of the most popular types of gambling, and it can also be one of the most lucrative. If you’re a sports enthusiast who enjoys placing bets on their favorite teams, you may decide it’s time to build your own betting bot. With a little bit of programming knowledge, you can create a free automated betting companion that will place bets for you, study your betting tendencies, and analyze the odds to give you a better chance of winning.
Create a Backend
The first step in creating a betting bot is setting up the backend. The backend is what powers the whole bot; it’s what handles the betting requests and processes the results. The main requirements of the backend are to be able to communicate with a remote server and to have a database that can store and retrieve information. If you’re using Linux as your operating system, you can use either PostgreSQL or MySQL to create your database. If you’re running Windows, you can use SQL Server.
Plan Out the Frontend
The frontend of the bot is what the user will interact with. The frontend will be a web interface that clients will use to log in and place bets with your bot. Since the frontend will be a client-facing interface, it’s important that it’s accessible and easy to use. Clients can’t always be tech-savvy, so you’ll need to make sure that the interface is as intuitive as possible and that no technical expertise is required to operate it.
Create a Remote Server
A remote server is a computer that you control remotely, letting you access and interact with it from anywhere. To create a remote server, you’ll need to pick a hosting provider that has a Linux server offering, install your operating system on the server, and then set up your database to be accessed via the internet. You’ll then need to purchase a domain name and install the WordPress software.
Pick Your Favorite Sports
Though sports betting tends to be popular, it’s not limited to just a few sports. You can customize your bot to support any sport by picking the appropriate odds providers and entering the correct results into your database.
Build a Login Page
Accessing your bot via a login page is a common and convenient way of letting clients log in to your website. Having a login page lets you create a login form, allowing your users to easily enter their credentials and access your services. You can use any web content management system (CMS) to create and maintain your login page. The main requirement of the login page is that it has to be accessible and easy to use.
Add-ons And Features
Once you have a functioning backend and frontend, you can start adding additional functionality to your bot. The main features you’ll want to add are:
- A currency converter so that clients can easily track the value of their bets in USD, GBP, or EUR
- Live scores and stats for your favorite sports teams
- An FAQ page containing frequently asked questions about betting (i.e., how to place a bet, determining odds, etc)
- A note taking feature that allows you to record important details about your bets (i.e., who you bet on, the game, the result, etc)
- A blog that allows you to publish news articles and tips about sports betting
- A contact form so that clients can get in touch with you if they’ve got questions about your service
- A cart function so that clients can add more items to their shopping cart without leaving the site
- An affiliate program so that you can generate revenue by promoting other websites or products (e.g., your own) within your bot
- An email system so that you can communicate with clients via email (instead of just posting to a chatroom, for example)
- Multiple logins so that clients can access their accounts from different devices (e.g., a desktop computer, mobile phone, or tablet)
- An offline mode so that you can still access your data even when the network is down (i.e., no internet access)
- And more
Design An Appearance
Though it isn’t necessary to design your bot’s appearance, you can give it a custom look and feel by choosing a suitable theme for your website. When picking a theme, make sure that it is compatible with your chosen backend and that it is easy to use. Some examples of good-looking and professional-looking sports betting sites are: