Online gambling is a multibillion dollar business and, since the repeal of the U.S. federal gambling ban in 2018, several billion dollars have been wagered online every month.
The most popular form of gambling today is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CSGO) betting. Many people have found the volatility of online gambling appealing and the ease of placing and withdrawing funds from automated banking services convenient. As a result, several online gambling operators have popped up in anticipation of the lucrative British market, where online gambling is now officially legal.
However, not everybody wants to gamble online or on the go, which is why several companies have developed a social variant of betting that allows individuals to place bets on the games that they are already engaged with and connected to through their social media accounts.
What is CSGO Betting?
If you’ve never heard of CSGO betting, it’s probably because it’s not something that you’ve encountered in person. CSGO betting is actually legal in many countries, where it’s considered a form of gaming or betting. In other countries, it is considered gambling.
The rules of CSGO betting are very similar to traditional sports betting. For example, in sports betting, you would usually place bets on the match outcomes, whereas with CSGO betting you would typically place bets on the performance of individual players or teams.
The main differences between CSGO betting and traditional sports betting are that:
- the action takes place in a video game that you are playing (unlike, say, watching TV or a sporting event);
- you can place bets on multiple games at once;
- the odds are usually much better because the competition is much thinner – video gamers are probably not going to be as interested in beating a computer as they are in beating another video game, so they are generally less motivated to bet on sporting events or other types of games where the outcome is determined by chance rather than skill;
- you can use specialized betting tools that make the game more convenient for you – say, in-game betting tools that allow you to bet on the outcome of a game without having to exit the game or go to a standalone third-party site to place your bet;
- you can access your account anywhere, anytime, through an app or website, which makes it convenient for you to place your bets when and where you want;
- the potential for winning large sums of money is much higher because the competition is generally thinner, there are fewer restrictions, and each individual game has a much larger prize pool;
- and finally, because it’s not necessarily considered gambling in most countries, you don’t have to be worried about the feds coming after you (at least, not yet).
Legal And Unsafe Betting
While it’s exciting to think about all the ways that CSGO betting can revolutionize the future of gambling, it’s important to keep in mind that not everything about it is positive. Just like any other form of gaming or betting, there are pros and cons to CSGO betting. Here are some of the things you need to know:
It Is Illegal
First and foremost, you should know that CSGO betting is against the law in most countries. It is not, however, against the law to play or to watch sports in person or via livestream. It is also not against the law to bet on a game that you are playing in person, regardless of whether or not the game has a gambling element to it. In those cases, you would just be using the controller or notebook in a lawful manner.
All The Charts Are Lying To You
It’s really not that hard to understand why most people don’t trust the odds in CSGO betting. After all, the casino industry has a vested interested in tricking you into placing bets where they can get their claws into you. That being said, it is important to remember that the odds in CSGO betting are generally much better than they would be if there were no gaming element involved. Just remember that all the betting sites are just trying to scam you and that you are better off not trusting them.
It Is Risky
Like any other form of gambling, CSGO betting also comes with its share of risks. There are several different ways that you can lose money when betting on games. For example, if you bet on a game that you are playing yourself and you lose, you will generally lose the money that you bet. There is also the chance that you will lose money through a glitch or malfuction on the part of the website or bookmaker that you are using.
The chance of you losing money through a website/bookmaker glitch or malfunction is not something that you have to worry about when placed through a regulated and insured sportsbook or casino; however, it is something that you need to keep in mind whenever you place a wager on a game that you are not yet sure of.
It Is Fun
One of the great things about CSGO betting is that it is a lot of fun. Sure, you could spend your time playing a role-playing game or watching TV, but why not have some fun in the process? The fact that it is not considered gambling in most places makes it much easier for you to have some harmless fun and, hopefully, make a little bit of money in the process. Who knows – maybe you will have fun and make money at the same time!
Based on what we’ve discussed so far, here’s a quick recap of the important information that you need to know about CSGO betting:
- it’s generally legal, where it’s considered gaming or betting;
- you don’t need to trust strangers online or on the phone to place bets with them because most reputable sites require you to register and confirm your identity before making any kind of deposit;
- though the odds are generally better, you should still do your research about the casino or betting site before placing a bet;
- it’s a lot of fun and offers a refreshing change from the mundane tasks that many people spend their time doing day to day;
- it’s not necessarily considered gambling in most places, so you don’t have to worry about the feds coming after you for gambling; and finally,
- it’s a great way to waste some free time if you’re a fan of video games.
Despite all its perks, it’s important to keep in mind that there are also some serious risks involved with CSGO betting. If you’re considering whether or not to partake in this new and exciting way to gamble, it’s important to do your research and make the right decision for you.