There are numerous forms of betting available online, and one of the most popular sports betting opportunities is through the English Premier League (EPL). If you’re unfamiliar, the English Premier League is the top division of English football. The competition is highly competitive with many exciting matches. It has a relatively high turnover of players which makes each game highly unpredictable. The league is dominated by smaller clubs who are able to negotiate some lucrative TV contracts with British television companies. It’s basically the perfect mix of gambling and football, and that’s how sports betting on the Premier League came to be!
How Do I Place A Bet On The English Premier League?
To place a bet on the English Premier League, you’ll need to have an account with a reputable bookmaker. Most online sportsbooks have a variety of betting options, and the English Premier League is usually one of the most heavily promoted games to maximize revenue. To place a bet on the match, you’ll simply need to follow the instructions available on the betting website.
For example, if you visit Bet365, you’ll see the following options:
- Odds to Win: These are simply the odds set by the bookmaker for each team
- Spread: This is the difference in price between the Over and Under lines. In other words, if the over/under lines are set at 3.0, then the spread would be 1.0
- Profit/Performance percentage: This is a profitability indicator that shows you how much money you’ll make (or lose) based on last season’s results.
What Are The Best Bookmakers For English Premier League Betting?
You’ll find a variety of bookmakers that handle bets on the English Premier League, so you’re sure to find one that suits your needs. In general, you’ll want to look for a site that has good ratings, is licensed, and operates in Europe. Below, we’ve compiled a short list of the top bookmakers for English Premier League betting along with some information about their license and other relevant details.
Top 5 Bookmakers For English Premier League Betting
Here’s a handpicked list of the top 5 bookmakers for English Premier League betting along with some information about their license and other relevant details:
- Bookmaker – (HANDLED BETS): This is the company you’ll normally want to bet with if you live in Europe as they are licensed in Europe and have a good reputation. They also provide a safe and convenient way to place your bets without having to leave the comfort of your home.
- Rivalry – (HANDLED BETS): This is another popular choice among English Premier League fans, and for good reason-the site has a very good reputation with hundreds of thousands of daily active users. You’ll be able to place your bets on almost every game.
- Exclusivity – (HANDLED BETS): This one is a bit of a luxury sport betting option, but if you’re looking for that little extra something special then consider this site. You’ll be able to place your bets on only the most prestigious games such as the Champions League, World Cup, and FA Cup Finals.
- Plus500 – (HANDLED BETS): This website is the flagship product of Plus500, a company based in the U.K. that was founded in 2007 and is already one of the biggest sports betting operators in Europe. If you’re looking for an innovative and high-quality product then Plus500 is the website you need to be checking out. Unfortunately, at the time of this writing, they do not offer some of the more popular options for English Premier League betting, such as prop betting or legal betting
- Bet365 – (HANDLED BETS): This British company was founded in the year 2000 and offers a very large range of sports including tennis, golf, car racing, and rugby. They also have a selection of activities such as poker and casino games. If you want a safe and reliable place to make your wagers then Bet365 is one of the best options available.
- William Hill – (HANDLED BETS): This company is one of the biggest providers of online betting services in the world. They also have a very good reputation among sports bettors, and their range of sports activities is almost as impressive as that of Bet365. For those that love to bet on football, William Hill probably has the best selection of markets for the English Premier League. They also offer a wide variety of activities such as online casino games and live dealer games which are available to be played against real people with real money. In addition to online sports betting, William Hill also has a very good mobile app which makes placing bets easier than ever.
- Ladbrokes – (HANDLED BETS): This company mainly provides fixed odds betting and is one of the biggest providers of online betting services in the U.K. Ladbrokes also has an excellent mobile app which makes placing bets easy and accessible from virtually anywhere.
- Sky News – (HANDLED BETS): This online sportsbook is owned by News Corp and is one of the biggest names in the industry. They also have a very good reputation among users, and their selection of games is very impressive for such a large site. If you’re looking for an innovative product then you might want to check out Sky News.
How Do I Calculate The Probability Of A Winning Bet?
In general, the probability of a winning bet depends on a number of factors including the time of day, the day of the week, the score of the game, and the venue of the game. For example, if you bet on Liverpool at 1.0 to win, then the probability of them winning would be 100%. However, if you bet on Liverpool at 5.0 to win, then the probability of them winning would reduce to 50% since there’s a 50% chance of them losing. To find the probability of a winning bet, simply divide the odds of the team you’re betting on by two.
How Do I Calculate The Probability Of A Draw?
The probability of a draw is also affected by a number of factors including the time of day, the day of the week, the score of the game, and the venue of the game. For example, if you bet on Manchester United at 1.0 to draw, then the probability of them drawing would be 100%. However, if you bet on Manchester United at 2.0 to draw, then the probability of them drawing would reduce to 50% since there’s also a 50% chance of them losing.
To find the probability of a draw, simply subtract the odds of the team you’re betting on from 1.0 and place the result in the equation.
Should I Bet On Football Matches That Are Closest To The Date?
The date isn’t always the most reliable factor in terms of determining the outcome of a football game, but in case you’re looking for an excuse to place a bet on a game that’s close to the date, then keep close attention to the scores of the previous games. If you find that the results of the previous games are unusually high or low for that particular competition, then there’s probably something fishy going on and you should avoid betting on them. At the same time, if the results of the previous games are close to even money (as is usually the case), then you can safely assume that the game on current date will have an average result and there’s no reason to avoid placing a wager on it.