Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) has been around for many years now. One of the first-person shooter (FPS) games to truly capture the hearts of its players, it continues to amaze people with its depth of gameplay, its memorable characters, and its incredible array of weapons.
Since its release in 2012, the game has become immensely popular, and the online betting communities that catered to it grew rapidly alongside the gaming scene.
If you’re a fan of the game, or of betting, then this article is for you. Here we’ll teach you how to team up with a friend and beat the odds on one of the biggest CS:GO betting websites. Better yet, you can do this while having fun and making money at the same time.
Register At A Top-Notch CS:GO Betting Site
Even before you begin teaming up with a friend to bet on CS:GO games, you have to make sure that you’re registering at a reputable and high-quality betting website for the purpose of doing so. This is especially important if you plan on placing bets of a high value. You don’t want to do this with an illegitimate website that might be hacked by the authorities or a scammer.
Nowadays, many betting sites offer various levels of trust and security, so make sure to check out their reputations before registering. Some of the more popular and well-known gambling platforms are:
- Full Tilt
Consider The Match Betting Variables
Once you’ve registered at a reputable and high-quality betting site, you need to consider the variables that go into placing a successful match bet. There are seven crucial elements that you need to watch out for in order to make the right wagers:
1. Tally – This is a record of the total number of goals scored in the match. Every goal scored in the match adds a ‘tally’ to the total. For example, if the first goal is scored at 5:00 p.m., and the second goal is scored at 7:00 p.m., then the total number of goals scored will be 10. The number of goals will be added to the total at the end of the game, so make sure to check this before placing a wager.
2. Match Type – You’ll need to choose between a ‘Match Type’ option depending on whether you want to bet on a team or individual performance. If you bet on teams, then you’ll need to select either ‘Over/Under’ (separate scores), or ‘Double Chance’ (one team wins).
3. Game Schedule – You’ll need to set the date and time of the game in the ‘Game Schedule’ section of the website. Make sure to check the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ (FAQs) to find out the latest information about which games are scheduled for when. Some of the games might be canceled or postponed, so it’s important to check the FAQs frequently. For the best experience, use an VPN when accessing the site.
4. Stadiums – This is where you’ll need to specify which stadiums you’ll be using for the matches. You can’t use all of the stadiums in the game, so choose the ones that are closest to you. Make sure to check the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ to see which stadiums are currently available. You can change the stadiums listed here at any time using the ‘Edit Profile’ option on the site.
5. Line Betting – Once you’ve set the stadiums, you can begin to set the odds manually. You can either set the odds on each of the teams individually, or you can set a combined line for both teams. As a general rule of thumb, you should always opt for the combined line, as this will likely result in the least amount of money lost in the event of a team win. This, of course, depends on whether you’re using Over/Under (separate scores) or Double Chance (one team wins) match types. Using the Over/Under option will lower your payout (winnings) in the event of a tie.
6. Team Names – In team betting, you can either bet on the team as a whole, or you can choose to bet on the members of the team using their aliases. If you choose to bet on the members of the team using their aliases, then you need to enter these in the ‘Team Name’ field. The members of the team will have the option to opt out of having their names used in the ‘Team Name’, so make sure to keep this in mind. The members of the team will also need to fill out their ‘Player Bio’ fields to provide more details about themselves.
7. Game Mode – As we mentioned above, you’ll either need to choose between a ‘Team’ or ‘Individual’ game mode. If you choose the former, then you’ll need to select either ‘2Stacks’ (each goal wins 1 stack), or ‘Free-for-all’ (all-win-no-stack).
These are the seven key areas that you need to keep in mind when placing a successful match bet on CS:GO. Now that you’re aware of them, it’s easier to place winning bets and have fun with it. You can begin to use the tipster tool to get advice on which teams to back and how much money to bet on each one. Remember: fun, profit, and pride go together!