How to Bet on UFC Odds: The Ultimate Guide

The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) is one of the biggest sports organizations in the world, with over 750 official events, over 100 million fans, and a revenue of over 300 million USD annually.

The UFC generates a lot of interest both in and out of the cage, with over 59 million views on YouTube, and mainstream media coverage in nearly every corner of the globe. If you’re reading this, I assume you’re either a fan of the organization or at least know of it.

History Of The Ultimate Fighting Championship

UFC was started in the early 1980s by Glen Beck and Ralph Gracie, who wanted to create a platform for martial artists to compete on. They began by holding competitions in the form of exhibitions, which were more like fighting matches than traditional sporting events. The concept proved to be a huge success, and in 1984, the first UFC event was held in Los Angeles, with just 20 participants. In those days, the organization didn’t even have a logo because they didn’t have much money, but they did have a motto: “Win or lose, it’s all about the competition.”

They didn’t have much in the way of branding or marketing at the time, and literally a decade later, they’re still playing catch up. Today, they have millions in the bank, and have fully embraced the concept of promoting everything related to the sport through their various media platforms.

The Different Types Of UFC Events

As mentioned above, the UFC was originally started as a platform for martial artists to showcase their skills. The majority of their early events were designed to be exhibition matches, with each competitor facing off against another, with very little emphasis on technique or strategy.

As the organization grew, so did the scope of their events. While exhibition matches still make up the bulk of their schedule, today’s UFC events are much more competitive and strategized than their early days. This is most apparent in the nature of their current fights, where entire matches are decided by the judges’ score cards rather than just the victor being declared “the winner.” This is why, even in the early days of UFC, many of their matches were ended in less than two minutes.

The Ultimate Fighting Championship TV App

One of the major ways people follow MMA is via television, with over 600 million households in nearly every country consuming some form of media coverage. The UFC has several TV deals around the world, with the biggest being in the United States, where they have a television contract with Fox Sports. For American viewers, this means they get coverage on Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, and the Fox News Channel, among other platforms.

This year, the UFC has started a new TV venture, which will see the organization’s content distributed via streaming platforms, with a focus on creating original content for those platforms.

The Different Kinds Of Bets You Can Place On UFC Odds

There are several different kinds of bets you can make on UFC odds, ranging from parlays to teasers. A parlay is simply a series of bets, where you risk one wager on a first outcome, another on a second outcome, and so on. A teaser is a type of wager where you risk a small amount of money, usually between 1 and 10%, on an outcome, with the hope of winning a larger amount on the same outcome at a later date.

You can place these types of bets on just about anything you can think of, from the total number of rounds to the amount of time in minutes the fight will last. There is also a wide variety of props you can use, such as whether or not a referee will stop the fight, or what division the fight will be rated in.

One of the most popular types of bets on UFC odds is the over/under wager. This type of wager allows you to bet whether or not a certain outcome will occur, with over/under bets counting as wins when the total amount of money wagered on a particular fight is greater than the amount won. For example, if you wagered $100 on a fight and the chosen outcome was a win, you would win $100, even if the fight went the distance and the winner was determined by a judge’s decision rather than a knockout or submission win.

Where Can I Bet On UFC Odds?

While there are several online sportsbooks that accept USA online bets, some of the biggest and best casinos around the world also accept UFC bets. In fact, there is even a dedicated section of their website just for placing bets on UFC matches.

If you’re looking for an online casino that accepts USA players, we recommend you check out the list of all the latest offers from some of the biggest brands, such as Betonline, Intertops, and BetVictor. These casinos regularly offer fantastic welcome bonuses and lots of other promotions, making them worth a look for any MMA fan.

The Math Behind UFC Odds

While most people think of betting on fights when it comes to UFC odds, the math behind the odds is actually quite interesting. For example, let’s say you have a 20/1 shot at winning against an opponent with a 10/1 shot. In this case, the betting line would be -20/-10, which means you have a 20% chance of winning, and the opponent has a 10% chance of winning, with the favorite at +20 and the underdog at -10. In actuality, the chances of you defeating your opponent are 22.22% (1/(1+20)-1/(1+10)) and the chances of the opponent winning are 11%. Therefore, you have a TIE!

Similarly, let’s say the favored opponent has a 75/1 shot at winning, with the underdog having a 25/1 shot. In this case, the betting line would be +75/-25, which means you have a 25% chance of winning and the opponent has a 75% chance of winning. As before, the chances of you defeating your opponent are 50/50 (1/(1+75)-1/(1+25)) and the chances of the opponent winning are 50%, so again you have a TIE!

This is actually a very unique situation where two individuals have an equal chance of winning. Another example would be two individuals with a 5/1 shot of winning, with the odds favoring the challenger by 2/1. In this case, the line would be +5/-2, which means you have a 5% chance of winning and the opponent has a 95% chance of winning. In actuality, your chances of winning are 20% (1/(1+5)-1/(1+2)) and the opponent’s are 80% (1/(1+2)-1/(1+5)). So even though you have the edge in the odds, he has the edge in the skill (or strength, if you will). You can also calculate the likely winner of any two-man fight using the same method.

Make The Right Choice

Whatever you’re betting on, the most important thing to keep in mind is that you always have the option of walking away. This is why it’s best to avoid betting on fights where you have no experience with the involved participants, or where you have little knowledge of the rules, styles, or strategies of the sport. You can also consult an expert, either in person at a casino or online via chat, and get all the information you need to make the right choice for your future betting activities. For example, if you’re a beginner and aren’t sure how to bet on MMA, it might be a good idea to start out small, such as $5 on a single bout. Once you’re more familiar with the ropes, you can move up to $10, $20, or even $50 on individual fights. Of course, the higher you go, the more you’ll have to risk, but it’s better to be safe than sorry when it comes to winning or losing money!