A roulette wheel has 36 numbers, ranging from 0 to 35. When it comes to betting, what does 1st, 2nd, and 3rd mean?
The first number you want to bet on is 1. This number will always appear on the outside track, near the edge. In other words, if you want to bet on the number 1, then you are placing a bet on the outside portion of the wheel. Similarly, if you want to bet on the number 2, then you will need to place a bet on either the left or right portion of the wheel. Lastly, if you want to bet on the number 3, then you will need to place a bet in the center. The number 3 can appear in any color, but it is usually red, denoting even money.
The second number you want to bet on is 18. This number will always appear in the middle of the wheel. So, if you want to bet on the number 18, then you are placing a bet in the center of the wheel. Third, if you want to bet on the number 21, then you will need to place a bet on either the right or left portion of the wheel. Lastly, if you want to bet on the number 28, then you will need to place a bet on the outer track. The number 28 can appear in any color, but it is usually black and red, denoting odd money.
The Importance Of The First Number
The number 1 is extremely important in roulette, mostly because it can appear in any color and most casinos will treat it as “high-stake” territory. Meaning, if you are playing at a high-quality establishment, then the bets on the number 1 will be large and, in most cases, will be settled in cash. This is because many high-quality casinos calculate their house edge at over 1% and they do not want this to change, even with the addition of video cameras to monitor gameplay.
Additionally, since the number 1 can appear in any color, this is one place you can get your lucky numbers mixed up. The best way to avoid this is by not using numbers in the first place. Alternatively, if you want to use numbers, then you should choose a system of colors that cannot occur together on a roulette wheel. For example, green and black never appear together, so when they do, it is usually regarded as a sign from the gaming gods that you should stop playing. Using numbers is not a bad idea, but you should probably avoid the 1, all-time favorite of gamblers everywhere.
Why is the number 18 so important?
Let’s say you are playing at a casino that has 18 as the second number and you are not careful enough when placing your bets. You will end up betting on both the number 1 and number 18, leading to big payouts and angry looks from the dealer. The problem is that when you bet on both the number 1 and 18, the total of your bet will be over the minimum bet allowed. In other words, you have violated casino rules and, in some cases, this can lead to you being banned from gambling at that establishment.
Important Points To Keep In Mind When Betting On The Numbers
Here are some of the most important things you need to keep in mind when betting on the numbers:
- The rules and regulations of the jurisdiction you are playing in determines how you are allowed to play and how your bets should be recorded.
- Check out the rules and regulations of the establishment you are playing at before placing your bets.
- If you want to use numbers, then it is best to use a system of colors that cannot occur together on a roulette wheel (e.g., using yellow as the first number and using red as the second). This will help you avoid accidentally putting on the numbers you are striving for.
- Never bet on numbers that are consecutively odd or even. This includes 13, 27, 41, and 55. If you do bet on these numbers, then your bet will be considered a “push” and you will not be able to withdraw it, even if the number loses.
- Avoid betting on numbers that are closer to the edge of the wheel. For example, if you are playing at a European casino and betting on the number 1, then avoid betting on 3, 7, and 11.
- Try not to focus too much on the rules and regulations when playing. Instead, focus on having fun and staying true to yourself while also making the most out of the situation. If you keep all of these points in mind and play responsibly, then you will have a good chance at enjoying yourself and, ultimately, winning money.