Welcome to our reviews of the best horse betting sites. We hope these reviews will help you make the right choice when selecting the site you’re going to use to place your bets. Keep reading for a full review of each site.
Review – South African Betting Exchanges
We’ll begin our reviews with a bang by taking a look at two of the biggest and best horse betting sites, namely Betfair and SouthAfricanBettingExchange (SAbettingExchange.com).
What is Betfair?
If you’re unfamiliar, Betfair is a world-class online betting exchange. In case you’re wondering, the name comes from the English football club, which is why you’ll often see this brand associated with football betting and games. Nevertheless, their offerings include horse-racing too! Hence, the reason why we’re reviewing them here.
This review will tell you everything you need to know about Betfair including information about the site, its registration, banking, trading, etc. If you’re interested in signing up for a free account and placing a bet or two, continue reading.
Key benefits of registering with Betfair:
The following are some of the many benefits of registering with Betfair:
- High liquidity
- Low fees
- Fully regulated
- Simple deposits and withdrawals
- Safe and secure
- Good variety of markets
- Trading opportunities
Key concerns with registering with Betfair:
With any business, there are always certain concerns. When it comes to registering with Betfair, the following are some of the major ones:
- Trading hours: The firm opens at 9 am (UK time) Monday to Friday and at 4 pm (UK time) on Saturdays. However, they extend their hours to include some middle-of-the-night (UK) trading on certain occasions.
- Withdrawal limits: You’ll have to submit a photo ID when you make a withdrawal. This must match the ID card that is presented when you signed up. In case you forget to bring your ID card, you’ll have to send it to them along with a photo of your signature. The minimum withdrawal is £10 and the maximum withdrawal is £6000 per week. In case you’ve forgotten to bring your ID card or it was lost or stolen, you’ll have to wait 10 days before you can make a replacement payment.
- Withdrawal method: There are three acceptable methods of payment at Betfair. These are paid-in-full, by check, or bank transfer. For bank transfers, the minimum is £10 and the maximum is £500. For checks, the minimum is £20 and the maximum is £1000. The last option is paid-in-full, which costs £500 minimum and the amount you choose. The disadvantage to this option is that it can take 4 to 5 business days to clear your account after the payment is made.
- Customer support: In general, the customer support at Betfair is pretty good. Nevertheless, there are occasions when it can take a while to get in touch with a representative by telephone. In other cases, the customer support is via email, which can be a little bit tricky to navigate if you don’t understand English. For this reason, we recommend signing up for a free account with Betfair so that you can take advantage of the Live Chat feature found on their website. This lets you initiate chats with real people who can help you with whatever questions you might have without having to bother with artificial intelligence-based interactions (SMS or email bots etc.).
- Mobile compatibility: Unfortunately, not all the features on the site are compatible with mobile devices. This means that you’ll have to download and install a separate app to place your bets from your smartphone.
- Trading tools and features: You cannot access most of the features and tools on the site from a mobile device. This includes placing bets, reviewing your account, and accessing customer support. When attempting to do any of these activities from a mobile device, you’ll be presented with an error message. As a result, we cannot rate the mobile compatibility or the tools and features of the site fairly.
- Security and privacy: Like any other online casino or betting exchange, the security and privacy of your personal information is of the utmost importance to Betfair. Therefore, before you provide your personal data to them, make sure you sign up for a free account and verify your email address. In addition to this, ensure you’re using a reputable and safe source for your internet connection and use a good anti-virus program to scan all the software and systems you use regularly for harmful viruses. If you’d like to read more about security and privacy, check out our guide to online gambling security and privacy tips.
- Additional concerns: There are other concerns that are important to keep in mind regarding Betfair. For example, make sure you’re not signing up with one of the many fake Betfair accounts that pretend to be the real deal but are actually operated by scammers. Also, make sure to read all the regulations and terms and conditions carefully before you commit to using this site. In case you have any questions regarding this information, be sure to contact customer support.
Registration at SAbettingExchange.com
Next up is the review of the registration process at SAbettingExchange.com. Remember, if you want to place a bet or two with these guys, you’ll have to register first.
This website, as the name would imply, is located in South Africa and it was established in 2011. Nevertheless, they provide services for bets and trades from all over the world. Hence, the reason why we’re reviewing them here.
The following review will tell you everything you need to know about registering and using this site including information about the site, its registration, banking, trading, etc. If you’re interested in signing up for a free account and placing a bet or two, continue reading.
Key benefits of registering with SAbettingExchange.com:
The following are some of the many benefits of registering with SAbettingExchange.com:
- Simple registration
- Flexible with mobile devices
- Quick deposits
- Safe and secure
- Simple withdrawals
- Regular updates
- Good variety of markets
- Fully regulated market
- No limits on withdrawals
- Free spins for new accounts
Key concerns with registering at SAbettingExchange.com:
Like any other business, there are always certain concerns when it comes to dealing with new customers. When it comes to registering with SAbettingExchange.com, the following are some of the major ones: